You guys are so funny. I described one of my night time experiences in the field. And that means nothing ? But guys, you are always harping about experiences and, of course, only our personal expereinces are valid. I can't help but wonder how you ever got an education. Taught yourself ?
Here' another. Star light night, no moon. The scope was a Leupold 6.5-20AO, VariXIII. Young buck with tiny forks, some 150 yds. distant. So dark, only 6.5X would show me anything. Yet, even at that distance, I could still see those tiny, less than inch long, spikes. But according to our Zeiss addict, this is not possible.
Did any of you notice that the Leupold tested was a 50mm and that just what model wasn't clear ? They put it up against a 56mm Zeiss. And tested at ALL magnifications. That means the Zeiss could use 8X and the Leupold only 7X if it was really dark. And you call that fair ? What else did this "fair" test do ?
I'll give JG some credit here. His tone indicates even he thought these so called tests were a bit much. No kidding. E