As a kid I hunted a lot with really, painfully cold feet in cheap, uninsulated work boots. I swore that some day I would have good boots. Our deer season is long here, from mid-October to mid-December. That and the different terrains make it really tough for me to get by with one pair of boots. For that reason I have four pairs. I have a pair of uninsulated, zip up the side knee boots for warm weather and a pair of insulated Muck boots for thirties and forties or real wet areas. I've got a pair of lace up, lightly insulated leather boots for tough terrain that are good from the single digit temperatures up into the forties, and a pair of heavily insulated cold weather boots if it gets below the single digits. None of those work well on horseback so I guess you could say I use five pairs. I guess I like the leather lace ups better than anything for walking and general comfort but if I could only have one pair I'd find the Muck boots the most practical. The problem is my feet sweat a lot in them and end up getting cold if I walk very far then sit for a long time.

Mathew 22: 37-39