Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
Originally Posted by Washburn
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
I wear Meindl Perfekt boots year around. It has 400-gram Thinsulate. I wear wool socks with them. I don't get too hot in the summer, and never get cold in the winter hiking in snow.

Short of sitting for extened periods in temperatures below 32F, I agree. I find my Perfekt's are good year-round.

My feet don't seem to get cold. As a still hunter i'm standing more than walking in snow most of the time. I'm not moving fast enough to stay warm. I would think that would be colder than someone on a stand that can brush off the snow.

Interesting. I actually find it the opposite. I do a fair amount of hunting in a stand as well as still hunting like you described. If I'm moving at all, even if that movement is only every 30 minutes to an hour, my feet stay nice and toasty in a boot with much less insulation. I actually wore uninsulated rubber boots for years when stalking without issue. If I'm climbing up in an open tree stand to sit for 8 hours, I find that I need a boot with more in terms of insulation if the temps are dipping below the 20 degree mark.