Readers and writers alike need to consider two crucial principles very carefully � and give them their due honor.

�Taste
Taste has two dimensions, horizontal and vertical.
In the horizontal dimension, some people like collecting stamps, playing bridge, or shooting while others groove on wind-sailing, TV sports, or bird-watching.
In the vertical dimension, maturity has a greater part. A beginner collector knows little at first and collects more or less indiscriminately then as he learns more and his taste matures, he specializes in a narrow field � drillings, vierlings, and other combination guns, for example, or Confederate handguns. A friend of mine collected rifle scopes and had a passel of oldies that I'd never heard of.
The classic adage de gustibus non disputandum est is Latin for "about taste, there's no disputing." An honorable person respects others' tastes however much they differ from his own.

[/i].

Is this ever true...
When I first started shooting/hunting again, at age 25, I couldn't wait to accumulate as many guns as I could...

I wanted to shoot them all, all the time..I was up to about 65 guns at one point, whichis nothing compared to some collections, but pretty impressive for a 28 year old...

I swore I would NEVER sell a gun..I wanted my collection to be HUGE, even tot he point where the house was leaking guns..

A few years ago I wondered why the hell I had all these guns that I haven't shot in 2-3 years..I started to prune.

Now I am only interested in high quality guns, that suit my purposes. I kept only hte very best, or the sentimental (I cannot bring myself to sell my fathers guns, even the old Mauser bolt action 16 guage that he bought for $5)

Nowdays, I only need a couple of good quality all around hunting rifles, one large gun for grizzly hunting, a few shotguns, a few handguns, a couple of good .22's and a couple of Milsurp "fun guns' ...