VarmintGuy:

1. I don't know when, after 1973, your revolver was made.

2. In the Kansas City Metro Area, that used revolver would sell today for about $400. You got a bargain and everyone who reads this thread has an obligation to be envious of your good fortune.

3. I don't know whether a Ruger rimfire revolver can be safely dry-fired without a snap cap or empty cartridge case. I always used fired cartridge cases in mine when I dry-fired it.

Yes, most stainless steel Ruger New Model .22 Caliber Single-Six
Revolvers were Convertible Models with interchangeable .22 Long Rifle and .22 Winchester Rimfire Magnum cylinders. When I bought mine in the mid-1970s, I was told that Ruger had made about 1,000 of those revolvers as .22 Long Rifle caliber only. I was also told that all such .22 Long Rifle revolvers had a small star or asterisk stamped on the bottom of the frame, just forward of the trigger guard. I don't recall that revolver's serial number, but it did have a 4 5/8 inch barrel and the frame sported that little asterisk. I sold the revolver in the mid-1980s, so my memory for relevant details is limited.

I don't remember the frame window's being too small for a .22 Magnum cylinder; its frame window seemed to be the same size as the frame window on each of its Convertible kin. I never thought to measure the frame window on my revolver. Of course that little Ruger .22 revolver shot more precisely than I could shoot then or can shoot now!