[quote=Mule Deer]Hey, I have seen 140's from the .260 bounce off animals and drop to ground unexpanded at 301 yards.... [/quote

not to knock our resident DEAN here, on the contrary, I have witnessed the 260 with a 100 grain Ballistic Tip, drop a deer at roughly 300 yds, several times..DRT..

and I witnessed it thru the Leupold scope on top of my 260 Ruger, with the scope set on 4 power.. even with an MV of 3350 fps, the round had light enough recoil that I didn't lose sight picture..

both times I did this, I had the luxury of a solid rest, off the hood of a pickup, and the deer were not aware that I had seen them as they were walking thru a thinned out forest, with just enough brush to think they were safe the first time

the second time it was in open country, with the deer just being cautious.. I had seen in an open area, while driving my 4 Runner, got out on the driver side, they were on the passenger side of vehicle..

pulled out the rifle from the case, got a solid rest, picked my target, and bang flop.

funny, the one deer I had to track that had a solid hit from a 260 was shot with a 100 grain partition, went thru both lungs and still made it a 100 yds thru the woods..and this was shot within a 100 yds or less.. and it was not a very big deer at all..small buck taken last day of the season, about 3 PM... it hung in the butchers shop a hair over 45lbs after having the head and cape taken off..

Yeah, I shot Bambi!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez