Greg, I can see the reason you want a heavier slug, Larger animals like them less wink I wonder if the TBCC was Disc. due to various twists/accuracy results in various brand factory rifles?

Be interesting to look when I get home at my Asquare manual to see if the 6.5/308 Asquare was Saami'd originally as an 8" ROT?

Jeff, I'd bet the 9" ROT 700/7s do better running the 140s at top speeds, but would expect them to get less consistent at lower speeds. I did not Chrony my loads w/PTs thru my 6.5/308 so it's possible they were not up to snuff. I recall burning up some AA powder at the time that may have been less than optimal. As I mentioned, the boy's Sako 9 shoots well, but I never had any luck w the loads I tried, in my Rem 7's. I have heard the 125 PT is often simply a better shooting bullet than 140 PTs in 6.5 but generalizations are flawed as an adage an old BR shooter told me is true, 'you never know till you try a specific bullet/powder combo'...in your particular rifle.

Many times there are trends. One would expect once you have a given velocity, with a known/checked twist rate, you can predict if a bullet is spinning well enough to expect to shoot. There should be 'sweet spots' in RPMS for various bullets.