Nice lookin' rifle. The laminate stock with checkering is very attractive to the eye, and the pistol grip stock, in some people's opinions, including mine, help with recoil. The large loop lever is very practical, especially since it looks like it might be a little on the cool side where you are.

If that thing holds seven rounds, won't that add about 4 pounds in weight? (grin)

I have a standard GG, but before I ever fired it, I replaced the factory rear sight with a Williams FP. I have also replaced the factory stocks with Brockman's laminate stocks, which have a higher comb and a much better recoil pad. This helped calm the recoil considerably.

One thing I did was disable the safety. I don't know your opinion of them on a lever, but I have used levers for 40 years, and have never taken to them on levers. I simply removed the rear stock and tightened the screw that supplies tension to the detent spring until it was bottomed. The safety is still there, and would be functional in a few minutes if so desired.

I took two deer with it this year, and overall, I am very happy with the rifle.

You will enjoy that rifle. Other than the fact that the recoil makes for shorter shooting sessions, I really have a time with mine.