IMO, either will work as the velocity is not enough to stress the standard bullet construction. I would lean towards the 250gr offering, and only go up if the big bears on the agenda.

You may not need 286's, but the Hornady offering would probably serve you very well at those velocities.

I have a couple of 9.3x64 Brenneke's, I haven't quite settled on a load yet myself. The best load I have found so far is the factory Brenneke 293gr TUG loading. But people have claimed those bullets aren't very tough.

I have had problems getting the Barnes 250gr TSX's to shoot, which kind of amazes me. As all the other TSX's I have used are superbly accurate. I have some of the 250gr AB's, 286gr Hornady's, and 286gr Nosler Partitions on the bench as well. But haven't had the time to go to the range to give them a test.

I have found the Barnes banded solids in 250gr to shoot pretty good, though I'll never need them in the field, just playing around.

I am handicapping myself, as I want one load for both rifles to keep the ammo confusion to a minimum.

Arcus Venator