Taconic11,

I agree TAC really rocks with the 200 TSX. Actually, according to the latest Barnes Manual, 64 grs of TAC (a max load)achieves just over 2,940 fps and Barnes used a 20" barrel for their testing. I did shoot 64 grs of TAC with the 200 TSX but I did not like the accuracy, though I still need to experiment with the seating depth. I've heard that the correct COL is crucial for great accuracy with the TSX in general. I only measured the velocity with my most accurate loading to-date (ie, 63 grs of TAC).

I was tempted to try TAC with my normal hunting bullet in the 350 Rem Mag, which is the Speer 220 gr bullet. However, too much speed with a C&C bullet is not necessarily a good thing. So, I don't think I'll try that. Actually, using either IMR 4320 or H322 will get me about 2,560 fps in my 350 Mag with the Speer 220 gr. and accuracy is quite good. The bullet at that velocity has worked well on deer. One other reason I don't think I'm going to try this is because I stick solely to the data contained in Reloading Manuals. I'm not the adventureous type, besides the fact that I'm fairly new to reloading and I don't feel comfortable venturing out on my own. This obviously only applies to me, since I'm sure there are experienced and knowledgeable reloaders who do this safely.

Anyway, like I said, the 200 TSX and TAC shows definite promise in my 350 Rem Mag. If I'm ever forced to hunt with a solid copper bullet, I'm going to tweak this combination.