I went to the range today to try the 200 FB TSX. Shot all at 100 yards. Tried up to 62 grains of TAC, and was satisfied with the results. 60 grains gave about 1.5" group. The 61 grain load opened up, and the 62 grain load gave me this (cell phone pic). I don't have too much time to mess with it anymore, so I am calling it good for this years hunting season (after I return to the range to verify things).

Because of mag constraints, I cannot seat the bullet any further out, and I am close to full with 62 grains, so seating deeper can be done, but not by much.

Anyway, 62.0 grains of TAC, 200 grain Barnes TSX, Rem brass, Fed GM215M primers, and a COL of 2.814". Rifle is an older Rem Custom Shop Model 7 KS, 20" barrel.

According to Quickload, I should have blown something up (81,500 psi), but I had no pressure signs at all. did not check velocity, but according to Barnes, they tested with a 20" barrel too, so maybe 2825 fps?

We have a lot of black Bear on the farm that I hunt, and I would love to test the load out on a nice one.

[Linked Image]

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb