Rangr44:
Thanks for the note on drilling the holes. I also "Swiss Cheesed" the whole thing after I took the photo, but neglected to take an "after" photo. According to the scale, one hour on the drill press yielded just under 1oz reduction in weight.

I know a fellow with a mill and considered having him attack the action along the lines of a G33/44, but somehow when I added up what I'd spent so far in money and time on it I lost my appetite! laugh

Knowing me, I'll likely have him do it in a year or two when I forget how much I've spent so far. wink

The 98 project was a fun challenge for me to fool with is all. I emphatically know that starting with a Remington action or just buying a Kimber off the shelf is the way to go when one is really serious about losing pounds.

That said not counting the scope or any of my time, as far as I can recall I'm into this for $736 thus far, which would buy me just over half a Kimber here in Canada.

Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Regards,
Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 04/22/10. Reason: forgot to add in another $100 of parts....should quit

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"