efw;
Thanks for the kind comments to you sir and to the rest who did, I appreciate the feedback and hope some out there can benefit from the information I provided.

Thank you as well for the heads up on the finish on the bottom metal.

If I can make a small confession here, I really, really didn't like the antelope relief on the floor plate. So for the first time in my life and I'm somewhat reluctant to admit this, but I stuck the bottom metal in the stock and applied a coat of Krylon fusion to the whole works. blush

Here's a photo that shows it a bit better perhaps?
[Linked Image]

Like a lot of project rifles I've done, the fun with this one was what I learned while doing it, though I must admit that dragging a 7lb rifle around the local mountains agrees with me more than I ever dreamed it would. I'm sure it has nothing to do with me aging though.... wink laugh

Thanks as well for the link on the spray on Cerama-Coat. I'll have to do a bit of digging and see if they can either send it up across the medicine line or if someone stocks it up here.

As I mentioned a bit earlier, the PAWS unit wasn't available from Brownell's for export up here to us Canucks, but eventually I was able to figure out a way to get one up here and as far as I'm aware no laws were broken.

Lastly, thanks for the good wishes for 2012. May I return it to you and wish you and your family the best of the Lord's blessings in the New Year.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"