I have never understood the �partisan� bickering over which rifle is �stronger.�
A simple search of the phrase �.307 Winchester� will bring up a number of threads on the Marlin Forum or on the Beartooth Shooters board. The Marlin board has several interesting threads in which at least 3 different posters shooting Marlin 336 rifles have discussed sticky extraction at high pressure load levels with the 307 Winchester cartridge. At least one Marlin board member who posts regularly works for Marlin and has discussed strength issues with this conversion.
No one is saying the Marlin 336 rifle will �blow up� if reamed for the 307 Winchester cartridge. We are saying those who have reamed their rifles to 307 Winchester have found the 336 action will not handle the same load levels as the Winchester Model 94 Big Bore rifle.
I am a fan of the 307 Winchester cartridge and I have discussed high pressure loads for the 307 Winchester with many shooters and we have discussed Winchester rifles exhibiting �lever-kick� on hot days when the cartridge is loaded to high pressure using powders such as Alliant Reloder 15 and Hodgdon Varget. The easiest way I have found to demonstrate lever-kick is to shoot maximum published loads using 170-grain bullets and Winchester 748 or Hodgdon BLc2. Maximum loads at temperatures above 90 degrees Fahrenheit will generally kick the lever, a sure warning sign you need to reduce your load for these hot days.
If you start a search using words or phrases such as: �blow up.� or �Kaboom� etc you will bring up a number of pictures of Marlin 336 rifles which have failed in the barrel thread area. I think I have at least four in my �Kaboom� folder. I have not located any pictures of a blown up Winchester Model 94 other then the pictures in P.O. Ackley�s Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders. If you have a picture of a Winchester which let go I would like to see it.

Slim