My 308MX jammed once when it was new � less than 10 rounds fired � I admit I was lazy about cleaning it right from the box. The jam was a cartridge which jumped the cartridge stop and slipped under the lifer tying up the action. I lubed the magazine tube and the action, it has never faltered again. I have shot this rifle quite a lot � but I do not have a round count I would rely on.

I have taken quite a few deer with the 30-30 cartridge. I enjoy loading for and hunting with the 30-30. I would not consider the 30-30 the equal of the 30-30AI, 307 Winchester or the 308 Marlin Express under any circumstances and I have hunted with all three. We have two 26� 30-30 rifles of modern manufacture. These rifles exhibit a considerable improvement over the 20� 30-30 carbine but they cannot equal the performance of the 20� 307 Winchester or the 22� 308 Marlin Express.

The standard 30-30 is quite impressive on our West Texas deer when loaded with the 150-grain Barnes X or the Speer 130-grain Hot Core bullet. Even these wonderful loads cannot match the more powerful cartridges when we are discussing deer or pigs.

Slim