Originally Posted by Timberline
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead

With respect, love of the 7x57 is not about velocity. It's about a wholly adequate hunting cartridge. It's about a cartridge with a longer [successful] history than most. It's about low recoil. It's about balance, versatility, and performance. It's about perfection.

It seems to me, too, that Big Redhead�s 7x57 assessment is pretty much spot on. Well, maybe the use of the word �perfection� is a wee bit over the top and sends us sloshing around in the 7x57 Kool-Aid bowl. But Big Redhead�s overall point is quite valid. At its recoil level (which is surprisingly mild), little else seems to be able to touch the 7x57 in terms of actual performance on game.

I particularly like the part about "sloshing around in the 7x57 Kool-Aid bowl." LOL! smile That's classic.

But please allow me to use the superlative, "perfect." I have spent a lot of money and a lifetime of buying, loading, shooting, and selling rifles in pursuit of the 'perfect' deer rifle. Now that I've found it, please don't deny me the pleasure. And I still like Kool-Aid too - for chasing cheap whiskey. smile

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.