Well I never had a problem getting 2700+ with a 140 gr bullet out of a 6.5 x 55, As far as loads go, I been stuffing mine with RL22 for so long now, I being to lazy to try anything else. JB I thing I have to give that Ramshot Magnum a shot. For a lot of years back when for some reason Nosler Partitions were hard to get, I bought a few hundred Trophy Bonded Bear Claws from Jack Carter, My load with those just touched 2800 fps with RL-22 a Norma Case and a Fed 210 primer, you can cover the groups with a dime and well it kills game very well, little pricy at 2 dollars a bullet at the time, I still have 160 of them, after load work, I loaded 50 cases and only launch them at game bigger than white tails. My guess at the time a 120 gr Barnes X would have been fine. As for other 140 gr bullets, Try the Speer SP in that weight, cheap as they come and works well, thou I have come to like the 120 gr Speer SP as much, That bullet makes the swede a little pocket 270. Look don't over do it, if you want more that what you can get with good case life extraction and accuracy, then build yourself a 6.5-06 or get a 264 Winchester.

Last edited by gmsemel; 05/16/10.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov