i keep 4 feeders running on my place starting Aug 1st, and run them through mid january or so.

great tools to get deer on camera to get ideas of what kinds of deer i have running the place. i run the feeders well past deer season to see what deer have made it through to next year.

i used a mixture of 1/2 corn & half protein feed, deer & turkeys liked it. felt a lot better going into deer season knowing which deer to pass up. didnt take the coons long to figure out where the grub is, and also a few hogs have made their appearance. but all in all, coons have not made too much problems, they prefer the fish feeder i have over my pond.

i set mine to feed several small batches daily, instead of one or 2 big dumps, greater likelihood of there being food on the ground that way...got pix of deer standing there watching the feeder as if waiting for it.

mine are moultrie...been happy with them. i have solar panels with rechargeable batteries, no maintenance other than filling them.

they dont take the place of food plots, but they made good scouting tools for me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by FyrepowrX; 05/19/10.

============================================================