Originally Posted by crittergetter
Our biologists in our wildlife mgmt area,told us a deer needs 1 1/2-2lbs of protein every day to do them any good.We hunt on low fenced ranch so we're not going to feed protein so they can go
across the fence and get shot.We do feed corn year round with salt-mineral blocks at every feeder.

Yep thats the attitude.. worry about the neighbors, that way you KNOW you won't do you any good... or you can feed, and if they shoot one, congratulate them. Its what we do... and gently spread the word about how much better the deer are since we feed and poke them towards starting to feed too...

BTW if you are trying to keep them moving looking for better feed you can do that up to the rut, after that ALL bets are off... the bucks more or less no longer eat much and get the food where ever, when ever... but look into golden nuggets. They seem to just love those.. they ain't cheap though and its 40 pound bags instead of 50... if I was simply worried about attraction thats what I'd feed. I don't care so much about attracting, but more so about helping the quality of the food for all the deer.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....