I met more people who tried bow hunting and hung up their bows after a few attempts than people who have stuck with it.My opinion, buy a bow from one of these bail outs at a reasonable price and find out if you truely have what it takes to participate in the sport of bow hunting.<P>Lots of used Mathews running around out there if you look. Reason being 700-1100 bucks for a rig is allot for a guy who doesnt have the patience perserverance and commitment it takes to take game with a bow.I would never reccomend you become one of them.Buy a mid range modern solo cam bow there are plenty available new and rigged for under 400 see if you like it for a season and if so go for the gold. Once the archery bug bites you nothing irritates you more than an untunable cheap bow!<P>Another point that has already been said is take your new found friend ( your bow) to a excellent Bowyer) and have it tuned and set up for you. It makes all the difference in the world in your shooting and confidence. I promise if you dont have confidence in your set up you will blow that shot when it presents itself. Good luck and welcome to the world of archery.<P>John Coit