i've owned a bunch of guns and shot a bunch of deer with them... it's never meant much to me what i carried when i hunt...

i do have some favorite guns over the years, thpugh...

my old 77 ruger that i actually bought used in 1977... it was a .243 and i carried it over a bunch of this country... the gilt edge accuracy was fading a bit when i traded it... it seemed as easy to get a different rifle as a new barrel...
some pretty fair rifles followed it, but it took a bunch of years before i found one that took it's place....

and that was my first model 70 fwt... also a .243... i carried it for as long as i did the ruger... just not as many miles or as many shots on game... still, it got used a bunch, and used well....
it resides today, with a friend, and will for the rest of his days...

i replaced the m70 fwt .243 with an m70 fwt 25-06... it had seen a few seasons in my hands as an under achieving 30-06...
some gunsmithing work to iron out quirks, and a .257 pac-nor barrel allowed Redneck to turn it into my current dream rifle... i didn't shoot anything but coyotes last year, but i suppose that this is my deer rifle for the rest of my days...

"Chances Will Be Taken"