Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by vapodog
Originally Posted by jwp475

When did a 9.3 become a Big Bore?

Just a guess.....when it's use is sanctioned by many African countries for dangerous game

Oh, that made the bore larger? The 303 British was the most used caliber by the early settlers and has probalby taken more Cape Buffalo than any other caliber. Is it a big bore as well? How about the 338's???

Get off of this guy's case. He's new on the forum, comes from a firearms restrictive country, and wants some info on the 9.3 X 62. Rather than lend him some info, you want to piss and moan about his verbiage?

I have hunted extensively with the 9.3 X 62 in Africa, and do own and shoot a .450/400 NE 3", and a .450 #2. I might consider only the later two "Big Bore", but I won't beat this guy with sarcasm over it.

Atkinson has used the 9.3 a bunch too, as has Mule Deer. They love R15. I use H414 with Barnes TSX 250 just because the ball powder meters so nicely and has worked like magic in both 9.3 X 62 Mausers I own.

The 9.3 is not a finicky cartridge to load for, and performs in the field in excess of what you expect from its paper ballistics.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo