Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by Calvin
A few days ago I had 15+ bucks feeding in a circle, racks down, below me. It would have been retarded to use a rifle scope to try to sort them out. My 10x bino's and my 15-45x Zeiss Spotter got the job done perfectly, and I only pointed my rifle at the one I killed. 6x42 scope.

After the shot and they had scattered a bit.. The bigger ones had run off.
[Linked Image]
I don't recall the conversation, but I've just said, 6x can be enough for identification... while 2.5 cannot.. but for killing you really don't need 6x even. My hunting situations are totally different than some... if there were no danger of crossing bucks up... then its never an issue.

And yes, I never grab a rifle until I'm ready to shoot.... if I'm out to simply kill, ain't a big deal, if you are after a specific deer milling in brush... you have to be careful and have at least 6x depending on the distance....

I agree...And I believe I've been over this with rost before, and I just dropped the subject..But it goes like this..If your head hunting, Bino's for finding, spotter for judging, rifle scope for killing. if you want to use a rifle scope for all three, or even two of those jobs, it speaks volumes, and needs no further information to get a clear picture of "trophies" collected by said hunter.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....