The only thing surprising about that response was just how incoherent and nonsensical it was. You must have been really worked up.

You had two simple tasks:

1) Describe you technique of wind compensation for a shot such as mentioned; sort of an oral quiz so we can judge whether or not you have a clue. And you FAILED quite nicely. All you could say was how those 162's you use "slip" the conditions in the real world such that you don't need to compensate? Seriously?

You expect long range shooters not to double over with laughter at that "inkling?" That tells us all we need to know right there.

2) Provide some video evidence to WOW us with your much bragged about prowess beyond 1000 yards. You FAILED spectacularly with this one as well. All you could do is come up with a picture of somebody else with his hand on a rock? Seriously?

Nice pics. You sure must know that Leupold 6X42 like the back of your hand. You must be the world's foremost expert on them (maybe second only to E). So if a guy has owned 100 scopes and 97 of them were Leupold 6X42's with a couple odd 3.5-10's thrown in, what does he really know about long range scopes? Very little.

Tell me, what do you think of those S&B PMII's? What have been your favored power ranges over the years? Which of their reticles do you like the best? Double turn or single turn? MTC a help or a hindrance? What don't you like about them? Where do they fall short when compared with the L 6X42's for long range use? Please, do give us your thoughts based upon experience.

How about those Premiers? Similar to S&B performance in a different package you'd say? Which ones have you had? XR or no? Double or single turn work best for you? Rings on the ends and included caps cool or a PITA? What didn't you like about them? What does that 6X42 do these don't? (As a side note, interesting to note the USMC going from fixed 10X to 3-12X and now 3-15X...I guess they just don't know as much as you.)

How are you liking the new Vortex PST? Everything a MK 4 wants to be when it grows up at 1/2 the markup? Are they all they're cracked up to be? How do they compare? Which flavor is your preference, FFP, SFP, MOA, MIL? Knobs that match the reticle, how stupid is that? Have you found any issues with yours?

How about those IOR's? Now there's some glass for the money. How have you found their durability? Did the older covered knob scopes track for you well? Were their measured click values as advertised? How about the newer big exposed knob scopes? Any flaws with those? How do you find their SFP vs. FFP reticles? Didn't their old illumination suck? How are you liking their new illumination? Can you really see better through a 10X IOR than you can through a 14X Leupold?

How about those Super Snipers? The newer variables? Have you found a single thing the Leupold 3.5-10 can do that the 3-9 SS can't do better? While I prefer more power for hunting, you can sure bang steel with that 1-4X24HD at 500 yds no problem can't you!

What about the regular Vortex Vipers? How have those been tracking for you? Is the glass really better than Leupold at a lower price? Despite their low price they�re tough as hell, no? What has been your experience?

I could go on, and it is fun, but I feel bad as those are all trick questions. We know damn well you likely haven't used or even looked through any of those scopes, much less owned any. But you sure know those L 6X42's like the back of your hand. But when that's all you know, you don't really know much do you? You don't know what you don't know.

Much like E, when he says his L is bright and sharp as any other scope when he's never even looked through the other. You don't know what you're missing.

Maybe when you actually own and use a few different high quality long range scopes for a few years, you can come back to us and speak from experience for once. You can tell us exactly why your L 6X42 is better for long range than all the others.

But right now you just don't know. You have no clue what you're missing.

As to your incoherent rant above where you call me names and insult me for things you've imagined about me, none needs any response except for one request I'll make:

When you're referring to me preferring higher powers for long range in the derogatory tones, replace me with [Every Long Range Shooter In The Entire World Except For BIG STICK] as that is much more nearly accurate.

See, you're really out on your own on this. All by yourself. The couple here who joined in to argue on your behalf because they couldn't pass up a good leghump don't limit themselves to 6X for long range. And of your group of brainwashed disciples, it appears there's nobody qualified to comment.

It's just you. You vs. the entire rest of the LR shooting community.

That's what makes your personal attacks on me so funny. You can call me names, make things up about me, insult me all you like....

And that doesn't do anything to change the fact 99.99% of the rest of the LR shooting community agrees with me. You need to track all the rest of them down and call them names too! You need attack every single other person who shoots long range because they all know you're wrong too.

I wonder what percentage of LR rifles built by guys like Shawn Carlock, etc, are fitted with a Leupold 6X42 for long range use? A better question is if a single one ever has been. Even if one or two have, the ones fitted with higher powered "Nightfarces" and the like outnumber them 100 to 1.

Because they're better tools for the job. And that's clearly evident to everybody else in the entire world of LR shooting, except for you.