I primarily glass for coues wt in S. Az. Enrique can back up what I am saying, those deer seeem to come out of the ground. I can glass a slope a half a dozen times then the next time I see several deer!

I would like to add a few more details. Try to get into position before first light. Sit on a pad or low chair so you are comfortable. I like to use my 10 x 40s (7x will certain work for this) on the tripod to get a general overview of the area and especially look at the areas that are closer. Then move to the larger pair. A really nice swiveling head is critical to smooth movements.

As for technique, the binos should be positioned on an area and remain stationary as you look through the entire field of view for any movement or unusual shapes. Then pan next to that view and slowly continue across the entire area horizontally. I like to have a slight overlap of the previous field of view. It is your choice to start at the top of your view or the bottom. Once you have finished a complete horizontal sweep move the binos up or down slightly for the next horizontal sweep. Continue doing this for the entire viewing area. THEN REPEAT. The amazing part of this glassing is that you may not see any game for several complete viewings of the area and then on the third, fourth or even more viewings you start to see game.

As for how long to stay in one place is up to you. I prefer to stay from dawn to around 10 or 11 am. Then go out again around 2:30 till dark. I rarely move from my morning or evening spot.

If glassing with a tripod and "big eyes" is new to you it is going to be tough to become a believer. If you know anyone that has done this type of glassing get out with them to learn. There is nothing like it once you see how effective it can be you'll use it often.