As to glassing, binoculars and wether to move, or sit and glass, depends on alot of things.
First of all, as to binoculars, the more powerful the binocular, the more money you need to spend. I've never seen a $200 12X binocular that could show me as much as a mid priced 8-10X. This is easy to test. Simply stack them on your tripod and go quickly between them while looking for fine details.
Second, if you aren't using a tripod, then the heavier the binocular, the better it will work. My 12X50, for instance, goes 46 ozs. with carrying strap and covers. Works quite well hand held. But any binocular,from an 8X up, works better from a tripod.
I mention this if you need to find the animals and cover ground on foot. Nobody likes carrying alot of extra weight as in a tripod. But, to really glass for long periods, w/o a tripod, extra weight really helps. Actually, if I'm going to cover alot of ground, and may or may not sit a glass seriously for a while, I usually carry two binoculars. One light weight 6-8X, that's 19-20 ozs. for the 6X, and a much heavier 8-12X in my pack for those sit down sessions.
One of the things I've learned over the years is that alot of open, even very open, flat looking country can easily hide animals in small folds or even waist deep gullies. That's why any elevation you can get, even sitting on the roof of a pickup, can really help.
The other is to be patient. It's unusual for me to spend less than an hour glassing while sitting down. And not at all unusual for me to spend 2-3 hours at it. If I know they are they there, even several hours isn't too much. E