Originally Posted by bigwhoop
RBH, Ok I got it.
Your black circled set screw is a 1/16th hex head. It holds the slotted screw in check so it can't turn on its own.

1. Verify an empty chamber and put on safe.
2. Move the safety to position #2.
3. Remove bolt. The firing pin is cocked and NOT protruding from the bolt.
4. Hold the bolt in your left hand (so you can see the 3 digit s/n looking up at you on the handle) and rotate the cocking piece with your right hand COUNTERCLOCKWISE. It will lock into the next position. Now push the safety into the "fire" position. The firing pin will snap forward and now the pin will be protruding from the bolt hole. You can measure it, photo it or make a mental pic of it. It should be barely protruding based on your earlier primer photos.
5. Now is when you can loosen the locking set screw with a 1/16th hexhead - just a couple of turns. Now, using a properly fitting slotted screwdriver you can turn the screw CLOCKWISE and watch the pin protrude further. I think 1/2-3/4 will do it. You can photo it or measure it although I don't know what you would use to measure it.
Re-tighten set screw.
6. Now you have to manually cock the firing pin. Hold the bolt again in the left hand and turn the cocking piece CLOCKWISE til it snaps into the small cutout on the rear of the bolt. It'll take a some force.
7. Put the bolt back in the action and check your function and safety positions.
8. The next range session or primed empties will check your work.

I don't know your aptitude and if you are a bit hesitant to do this, please do not.
I have re-read my text to make sure it makes sense. I have also done this to my 8400 Montana(300WSM) and 84M Montana(.308) and it works with both action sizes.
Ask me any questions here if I don't make sense. As you can see the firing pin assembly never gets unscrewed from the bolt.

Good luck and keep us posted.

BW, is the safety in position #2 where it sticks straight out rather than all the way back or forward???