Originally Posted by SU35
Remington: Making a POS product for over forty years that morons like Swampdick keep buying.

Does that include the Marine Corp and Army?

There's always the first time a person like yourself has no clue as to what they are talking about.

Only a moron would buy into a NBC report.

Did you SEE the report? This issue has been around for years and I don't need NBC to tell me what I need to know. Obviously there have been MILLIONS of 700s sold and from a statistical perspective this is insignificant, but it DOES happen. As far as the Armed Forces is concerned(BTW it's Marine CORPS) Remington came in with the lowest bid and the rifles are completely rebuilt. Bottom line is there is an entire cottage industry centered around trigger, extractor and bolt handle strenghtening products. Don't recall ever seeing that about Model 70s. Yep, very few incidents indeed, but somebody's paid a price and so has Remington in many settlements. Sorry I struck a nerve on your rifle predilections... jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”