I had not looked at Pet Loads in terms of How Many but rather Too Few. I count 204 articles for Handloader over 34 years. My understanding is Ken was a �free-lancer� the whole time.
Was Ken a free lancer when he wrote for Shooting Times? His last year with ST featured regular articles under the banner, Pet Loads.

Someone mentioned his continued use of PRE when others argued the system was of little more use than guessing. Most - but not all - who take this point have not studied Ken Waters two articles on the subject;
�How To Develop Good Handloads� Shooting Times August 1967.
�Developing Pet Loads� Handloader September 1982
Handloaders who grew up reading J.R. Mattern, Phil Sharpe and Earl Naramore understand PRE is not about �Pressure Guessing� or �Pressure Comparisons� but rather a �judgment of pressure indications.�
It was well known there were difficulties duplicating CUP measurements between different technicians working in the same laboratory using the same equipment. These differences were highlighted in the 1968 Gun Digest article �Breech Pressure breakthrough� by Dan Cantrell and Michael York. This article was an eye opener to me and I have read and re-read it many times.

Last edited by william_iorg; 10/26/10.

Slim