Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Dave,
Not only is Oregon circling the drain, they REALLY hate California transplants with a passion. Chit, they hate people from California just passing through.

Brian.

Brian,

that is where you are wrong..

I am a transplant here myself.. moving here from Minnesota..
( although I am a native of Virginia)

one of the first thing you notice immediately, is the disdain for Californians and California...

so I started asking people why they hate California and Californians so bad... their answer initially surprised me..

most of the time, the first words out of their mouths were " why do you think I left there in 198- whatever...

Most people you meet in Oregon who hate californians so much... are California transplants themselves...

As I use to joke to myself....my response to their's was :Oh! I should have guessed it... YOU were the last good one across the stateline.... every one after YOU from California is a butthead....

I admit, that it does get irritating with the attitude of SOME Californians when they get up here, and act like they are among the hicks.. and that we should be in awe of their intellectually superior presence...

but most of those types are from the Bay Area or L.A.

beyond that, I meet a lot of great folks from California..
and meet a lot of great folks when I go down into California on business..

and as far as Oregon, swirling down the drain... we can thank the residents of Potland, Salem and Eugene for that one...regardless of where they came from..

and sure there are a lot of nuts from California up there and in Washington... but it is NOT all the fault of California transplants... there are a lot of local Dumbazzes that contribute to the political idiocy that always carry the rest of the state.. as they outnumber the rest of us ever so slightly.. but enough to keep winning elections..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez