Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Yes, very nice.

What is the story on these wild cats? Are they simply feral domestic cats after many generations of natural selection? Or, are they a species of which I am not familiar.

Your mount looks like it might be crossbred with a bobcat, though I do not know if that is a possible cross.

Hello Idaho_shooter
I have seen one other Bobcat Taken in East Tennessee and their facial Features are exact. They lack the Black ear tuff's seen on other Bobcats in different geographical location's and lack the under chin Hair tuffs seen on other cats. They ear's seem to be close haired much like Cougar or Mountain Lion's features. There has been Mountain Lions in the area of where I hunt and one was indeed harvested back in 1971 {See The quoted statement below}. I have last weekend come across Tracks from what I determined as a mountain lion less than 100 yard's from where I took this Bobcat. They were 3---3-1/2" diameter being much too large for any Bobcat.

The wife's owner of the property we hunt shared with me that the next door farmer had Two Calf's killed and dragged off less than two weeks ago, only leaving the Hair behind from the Calves and the bodies or remains were never found. I will be placing game camera to Attempt to get some action Poses of this Mountain Lion soon, and hope to see him during Deer season. My friend that owns this land saw the Mountain Lion late last summer after he dropped a wood chuck 75 Yard off his back yard. He tried to go out side to get a better look at it, but it made him and Bolted. Two weeks after the close of deer season I went back down there for a social visit and saw the very same Cat less than a mile from his house in a Hay lot. I can only hope to come across it this deer season as it too will Join my Bobcat Mount...Thegeneral.

Evidence of individual mountain lions in our southern Cumberland Plateau study area include a mountain lion shot by a hunter in 1971 in Bledsoe County, Tennessee and
mountain lion tracks confirmed by Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency Wildlife Officer in 1997 in Marion County, Tennessee (Simms 1997).

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..