Blaser buds.com!

Post an engineering link or two to where you find that Nitrided steel is "more" corrosion and rust resistant!

I will not dispute the increase in surface hardness for nitrided steel as used in cutting operations but your faith is misplaced in this process as a corrosion inhibitor.

On the internet folks claim a lot of stuff, if only half of it was true...I would be as happy as smiling Bob and rich as Bill Gates.....

In my examination of the engineering facts nitrided steel is simply not anymore corrosion resistant than blued steel. Several papers I have read indicate that nitriding of stainless steel even raises its susceptibility to corrosion!

If I am missing something please bring some facts and figures and links to an engineering site or two to help me understand.

I am not sure I would make it on the blaser forums, it sounds too tame.... we have a number of resident bullies, blowhards, troublemakers, trolls, and other Neanderthal hunting type azzholes here on this form driving their blue collar Remington rifles with McMillan lipstick (their is one particularly large obnoxious fellow here that likes brownings but we tolerate him as well), this place would be as boring as a retirement home for nuns without them. I like German optics, yet the straight pull German rifles whose only innovation is a switch barrel and a T-bolt type pull handle I just don�t know.

Its amazing what shows up when someone's favorite ox is gored!