My personal choice is NOT typical so I can say what I see but it's only personal comprehension: 8*57 JRS and 9.3x74 r double rifles, Browning BAR and the like SA rifles (mostly Mag and short mag cal), various bolt actions (CZ, Sauer, Mauser action, Winchester 70, Tikka, Sako ... in the 7*64 - 9.3*62 caliber range) ...

Among the beaters you see short barrel shotguns, lever action Marlins (.444, 45-70), Pump action (remington 7600 in 35 Wh or .280 rem), mostly to solve fights between the hounds and big boars when it's safer than the dagger/ba�onet style.

Some use browning BLR, combination guns ... I use to take my .375 mod. 70 safari express.

Heavy rifle bullet is for me the best choice on driven game, because of the adrenaline shots of the game and the shooting angle (mostly 3/4 rear shots)

Old 06 is becoming popular in Belgium as an all-purpose rifle caliber but those ex-military calibers or closely linked to military caliber rounds are forbidden on the french hunting grounds. So you don't see excellent medicines such as the old 06, 303 brit, 308 win, 8*57 and 7*57 mauser, 6.5*55 swedish ...

Last edited by grand_veneur; 12/14/10.

Va t'in tch�re !