I have two 660s like the one pictured.

One in 308 and the other in 243.
The 243 is especially nice and I gave it to my wife as a wedding present.

I also have a 660 mohawk 243 which has a walnut stock but its finished differently and has a barrel that is one inch longer.
I believe that I paid 450 with a old style 6X Weaver and a two boxes of shells.

They are great little woods rifles. They are also good little sheep or village guns. It is funny that Jack O'Connor probably hit them with a kill switch but they were liked by Jeff Cooper and Charley Boots Askins.

They may not be as modular as a 700 but they do that some interesting characteristics that make them worth scutiny. The action is modelled after the XR100 pistol action.

They are hooked up pretty well. 70s might have been the highmark for the quality of Remington hookup and that might tick off swampy but there you are. Big Green has lost a step in the 1980s. When people doubt this I just say either 710 or ask them to take one of those modern sps in a RUM and ask them to check out the play in the bolt and the action.

One thing that I believe that people have overlooked is that while the 600s and 660s might have a bit of a dangerous saftey they are a very light and stable action that really is like a boss when it is modified.

Butch Lambert has one. He should post it.

Sincerely,
Thomas