Originally Posted by isaac
I happened to see the entire show for the first time last night. That's some scary schit up in those hills. That fat ugly skank who poisoned the moonshine for that extra chromosomed daddy of the victim girl kept me awake for a little longer than usual.

I hope I never have to stop for gas or take a leak anywhere near one of those places.
Despite what people think about Kansas being flat, the eastern 1/3 is generally pretty hilly. This story comes from an area called "the Kansas Ozarks". In actuality, the real Ozark mountains do come into Kansas a ways, but the real region is the Cross Timbers, which runs from Kansas down into Texas. Anyway, my advisor from college was supervising me on an internship. This old boy was a Yankee deeluxe. He misses a turn in his cute little red '64 1/2 Mustang convertible and ends up in this town a little ways south of where the wifey and I set up housekeeping. He stops at this defunct gas station to axsk directions and some typical denizen with no shirt and some like, cut off overalls saunters out, prolly with a lukewarm Pearl in-hand. Pretty-boy college prof asks his questions and degenerate hillperson says, "I really fancy yore car. It shore is purty." Scared college prof tells me all about it when he finally finds my school I'm working at way back in the hills. I hee hawed at his silly ass after he was gone. I think he thought the hillbilly was about to go all Deliverance on his [bleep] ass. bwaaaahahahhaa Sorry for the derail, but I thought it needed toldt.