I don't mean to pick a fight with anybody, truly I don't. But being a lefty shooter, we just don't have all the options, gun-wise, that you righty's have. Our choices have always been limited, moreso in the old days, not quite as bad now, but still nowhere's like a righty enjoys. I've got lefty Savages, they shoot fine. I've got a lefty Ruger that never much impressed me, but that could just be me, too. Some people are impressed with some rifles, and I might be impressed and own one, too, if they made a left-handed model. I don't live in Alaska and am not out in all the bad weather Big Stick is, and I don't shoot as much as he does. Different people have both different needs and different demands of their equipment. I try to listen to people, even those who choose differently than myself, so that I might learn something. I've been reading Big Stick, in a different forum, and now because of it I'm looking to pick up a synthetic/ss rifle, not because I need it here, but because someday I might need it somewhere, and he makes good sense in that regard. My prob is, once again, it has to be a lefty. So the choices available to Big Stick aren't necessarily available to me. Although I am looking at a Ruger laminate/ss, which almost seems as close as I could get to something Big Stick might approve of. Or maybe not. I've got Savages, Remmies, and Marlins. I run what I can, on a variety of different criteria. I don't say what I shoot is The End-of-the-World Best, but right now it works for me, and I'm always open to suggestions and observations.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~