Just my take on this, the .22lr cartridge is the most tweaked out in the world. For just pennies a round you can get ammunition capable of sub-MOA performance in relatively inexpensive firearms. What more can you ask of any cartridge in any caliber? The problem is mostly caused with trying to use the .22lr for something it wasn�t designed for. It was designed for paper, plinking, and SMALL GAME. The .22LR is a sure and efficient killer when applied correctly. From 1995 until August of 2003 it was the only caliber I used in animal control work that consisted of 95% whitetail deer. But that was under very special conditions, at night using suppressed guns at very short range. Does my experience indicate that the .22lr is suitable for whitetail deer under hunting conditions NO but I constantly hear of shooters using it on coyotes at long-range. There seems to be a different mindset when shooting so called trash animals is involved. A BT bullet wouldn�t make the .22lr into anything it isn�t already is plus the cost of such ammunition would take it out of the realm of �every man�s� fun shooting cartridge.

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's