Ah now GETTING one of the .17 rim fires is a whole different ballgame. I have a Savage 93 in .17HMR. Have had it for a bit over two years now. That little gun has taken over my rim fire shooting big time. The year I got that 93 was the year that I started three different rim fire projects, a ticked out .22lr 10/22, a customized .22lr CZ 452 and the Savage. The project was to build squirrel killers and I got three sweethearts BUT that .17HMR cartridge just calls to me every time I�m about the grab up a squirrel killer it jumps into my hands. The first season I used it was the very first season I killed a whole season limit and my longest kill shot on a squirrel ever. Head shot at a leaser ranged 117 yards. I practice for squirrel hunting by shooting black walnuts out of the trees at this time of the year. IMHO the .17HMR is just about the most fun thing around to shoot. It constantly surprises me with its accuracy and it is sure death for squirrels and rabbits out to as far as I have ever shot them.

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's