Nope, never have recovered a bullet. That squirrel is shore clean ain't he! I rinsed off the blood with water so it'd take a good picture! It wasn't all that clean just after the hide came off. I killed a crow at 80 yards the first weekend I bought the rifle, results small entrance hole, approx. 1-1/4'' exit hole, with insides extruded from the exit wound. Bang flop like the squirrelly whirly. In shooting water filled jugs and aluminum drink cans at 50, 75, and 100 yards, I never recovered an entire bullet, just jacket fragments from the one gallon milk jugs. Some pieces went all the way through though. The drink cans just explode into pieces, akin to being shot at very short range with .22 CCI Stingers.

Over at Rimfirecentral, a bunch of guys are compaining and wanting a 20 grain non ballistic tip bullet that won't cause as much meat damage. ?? Personally I'm quite happy with the 17 grain ballistic tips. Groups run from 5/8'' to 1'' at 100 yards, and that's great shooting ammo with me behind the trigger. An expert could probably cut those groups in half. So, expansion or not?? I don't know for certain, but the exit hole are about an inch to an inch and a half, and that's certainly a lot bigger than a .17 caliber hole. Whatever is happening, it seems to work.