Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by NYH1

Had back surgery Mar. 11th. two weeks ago today! They took two disc's out, the disc between my L4 and L5 vertebra and the disc between my L5 and S1 vertebra and put spacers in there place (on each side of my spine), screws in each side of my L4, L5 and S1 vertebras, affixed rods to them, scraped bone from my pelvis and wrapped it around the rods.

Wow. And I thought I had health problems.

Best of luck to you sir. Hope you get some relief from the surgery. And don't quit fighting those Worker's Comp bastards.

Brian.

The thing that kills me is not only the workers comp insurance company, but the company I work for is they don't seem to bother the career guys and gals that aren't really hurt but don't work, get paid and aren't bothered. You know the guy that has a bad back and can't work, but he rides his Suzuki GSXR 1000 crotch rocket bent over like a pretzel everyday, go's golfing or go's skiing and snowmobiling in the winter. I couldn't even sit on my Yamaha Big Bear 4x4 with a 5' plow on it long enough to plow my driveway. I had a hard time snow blowing my drive way with my Ariens ST1024 Snowblower which is self propelled and pretty much completely automated before the surgery and my wife or neighbor would have to finish it for me some times. that feels real nice, having your wife do what you're supposed to be doing. It's just great. mad

I worked up until a month before my surgery. I just couldn't stand long enough to do anything anymore. My Dr. took me out of work once my surgery was finally approved AND scheduled. The d0che bag lady that handles comp and FLMA for the company actually asked me, "if your surgery isn't until March 11th., why is your Dr. taking you out of work on February 14th.". I've never felt the urge to hit a woman before, but if I could of smacked her though the phone...I would have. Now I just have my lawyer deal with them. I didn't want to hire a lawyer, the company and workers comp insurance company gave me no choice. 13 years of DEDICATED survice even after I was hurt, now they're closing our plant and want to jam as many people up as they can so they can get rid of them. I wasn't going for that one bit. Seen to many good people get screwed. Had to get a good workers comp lawyer. confused

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!