Ebay and archerytalk.com are two good places to guage prices on bows with ebay being more of a realistic place. The other tends to dwell on full retail and I find most stuff is priced higher than most would be willing to pay. Go to the local(or as "local" as possible for where you live) bow shop. See what they have. Shoot as many as you can. See what works best for you. Then check ebay. See if you can find that same bow for less. Any pro shop worth their salt will gladly help you with your bow no matter where you get it. These days 60 lbs will work for most anything short of dangerous game here. True long axle to axle and generous brace height allow for not so perfect shooting form. I would reccomend something in the 32-35" axle to axle range with a 7" minimum brace height. Lots of folks here are on the mechanical bandwagon. I refuse to get on. A quality fixed blade head by slick trick or muzzy will do everything you need. Do some research and some looking and you will be surprised what you can find for $500 or less.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff