Working as a Nature Photographer definitely has its benefits. Among them are traveling, spending time outdoors and being able to study and watch wildlife. There is not a lot of difference in photographing wildlife vs. hunting wildlife in the way you prepare. You have to scout, find the right location and use the right equipment to get the shot. I have found a great quality lens that is very affordable that allows me to capture my wildlife photos. The Tamron 200-500mm lens .
The lens is lightweight at 43 ounces and under 9 inches in length. The lens has a tripod collar that allows you to mount it to a tripod or monopod for better balance when shooting. As with all Tamron lenses, the lens hood is included also. The lens fits full frame DSLRs as well as APS-C sensor cameras and will work with traditional 35mm film SLRs. The glass is LD, which is Tamron�s designation for Low Dispersion Glass, perfect for capturing sharp images. The lens has internal focusing which allows for closer minimum focus distance throughout the zoom range. It is also a benefit when using a polarizer on the lens as the front element does not rotate as you focus.
What does all of this mean? The photographer is able to capture great wildlife images while carrying a lightweight and inexpensive lens. It is capable of producing extremely sharp images throughout the zoom range. I use it for birding, mammals and even for some portraiture work. I have it from a really good source right now that Camera Land is throwing in a monopod with the purchase of the lens from them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.