Originally Posted by Chandalar Jack
bsa...I was shooting these with good results out of my VZ24@2601fps, never killed anything with it as it was sold from my hands before I got a chance to prove the round.

Yep, its a great load and has worked in 3 different rifles I've owned (actually one was my dads bone stock VZ24) and they shot very well. I wouldn't hesitate one bit when it comes to the 8x57. I'm kicking myself in the azz for selling one to a buddy that couldn't live without it blush. These rifles are puzzycats to shoot and can be very accurate. This rifle shoots this load into 1 - 1.25 moa (3 shot groups blush) very consistently:

[Linked Image]
This is a sporterized GEW98 (I think that's right??). Anyway I gave it to my dad to go along with his full military VZ24 and the other day when he was visiting he was bragging about it being just as accurate as my rifles grin. It shoots good but not as good as my pre-64 and others I have. He shot my pre-64 OFFHAND at 100 yds and made a very impressive 2.5" group (damnit now he wants it too blush).

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA