To Guyandarifle and Whitworth1:

This is an argument that has been going on since the invention of the gun: all the energy inside or through and through energy/hole. This an argument that will probably never be won.

I've never hunted pigs wild or otherwise. In visting all the hog hunting forums I could find it seemed to me that all the big guns from 30-06 up to and including elephant guns took many rounds to put down a pig even the pigs that weren't super sized. The same could be said of the really big handguns.

One reason I suspect the smaller calibers tend to put down the pigs with one shot and DRT is because of the lower recoil, people tend to shoot more and practice more. I know I shoot my 1911 a heck of lot more than I do my .44mag. I also shoot my .22lr bench gun a heck of a lot more than my .308 Win. bench gun. Lower recoil guns tends to lead me to shoot more than the heavier recoiling guns do.

We all seem to agree that the old boys in the video had a gun they did not shoot very well. Had they had a lower recoiling handgun that they shot a lot and placed their shots better that old pig might have gone down with the first shot.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude