Originally Posted by JamesDunn
I currently still sell 1911 parts at local gunshows and on EBAY to help support my gun and ammo habit.
That's quite the mark of credibility. I've seen people selling beanie babies and steak knives at gun shows, too. I saw where some woman was selling "vagina paintings" on eBay a while back. You appear to be in good company.

I worked for the first importer of these guns. I was the guy who did all the inspection, testing and spec checking on these guns. When speaking of this gun I feel I can speak with some authority here. The comments that Bricktop has stated are in my opinion completely without fact.
Please post on your "knowledge" base of metallurgical properties of these. I'm also interested in how well they stood up to welding of lugs.

After the shooting we took the gun apart and inspected. The recoil spring guide was toast. It took one hell of a beating but was still functional. The slide and frame showed no penning or cracks. The barrel lugs were still sharp and not dinged up, same with the locking grooves in the slide.
Sure it did. You just posted it on the internet, therefore it MUST be true. No one should EVER question things posted on an internet message board.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.