Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by JamesDunn
I currently still sell 1911 parts at local gunshows and on EBAY to help support my gun and ammo habit.
That's quite the mark of credibility. I've seen people selling beanie babies and steak knives at gun shows, too. I saw where some woman was selling "vagina paintings" on eBay a while back. You appear to be in good company.

I worked for the first importer of these guns. I was the guy who did all the inspection, testing and spec checking on these guns. When speaking of this gun I feel I can speak with some authority here. The comments that Bricktop has stated are in my opinion completely without fact.
Please post on your "knowledge" base of metallurgical properties of these. I'm also interested in how well they stood up to welding of lugs.

After the shooting we took the gun apart and inspected. The recoil spring guide was toast. It took one hell of a beating but was still functional. The slide and frame showed no penning or cracks. The barrel lugs were still sharp and not dinged up, same with the locking grooves in the slide.
Sure it did. You just posted it on the internet, therefore it MUST be true. No one should EVER question things posted on an internet message board.

Feel free to question Brick....I welcome all questions as I have nothing to hide since I speak from both truth and experiance. You speak of welding lugs....I have never needed to weld up the lugs on the barrel of and RIA gun...that is not the type of gun that needs it....If I want a gun that tight then I would buy a Kimber...that said guns built that tight normally lose reliablity once you start welding lugs etc. One of the hallmarks of the 1911 was its reliabilty in very adverse conditions. One of the things that produces that is generous tolerances in some of the mating surfaces. It is a combat pistol by nature and design. USGI guns rattle...and they go bang everytime....RIA Guns in general are slighty tighter than an old USGI gun but not as tight as a Gold Cup. The RIA gun I carry now has over 15K in rounds thru it. It works great, it is reliable and reasonably accurate for what I need. Do I own better built tighter guns...ohhh Yes...I still have my Series 70 that Swenson (god rest his soul) built for me (he was a friend of the family since the early 60's and one of the best ever in 1911's) once I went into the USMC, and I have a Bob Chow gun built for my dad in mid 70's. They are great guns and show absolute art work in the gunsmithing done on them. That said they are guns that I would not carry day in and day out. They are too tight for my comfort. I want absolute reliabilty in the gun I carry. As for my credibility just go to Ebay and look at my Feedback comments...you will see that I am an honest vendor that sells good parts are a fair price and have LOTS of repeat customers. If you dont think I worked for the importer of the RIA guns when they first came in...then call him....His name is Rav and the business is "The Dealer Warehouse" in Modesto, CA. You may also contact the owner of API in the Phillipines and ask if he knows me...His name is Bolo and his son Martin runs the operation here in the states. They will say yes as I am the one who introduced them to Rav. I got to know them when they were first set up in Hayward, CA importing .22 rifles and some ammo in the Mid 80's. Brick...I have been kind, tolerant and polite with you yet you continue to be insulting and rude in both comment and tone...Why???

James Dunn

[email protected]