I figure if I"m bowhunting I"m willing to accept not taking a shot. If I feel the need to kill if given a chance, I'll grab a gun and usually a large one, with a good Barnes bullet... so that I don't have to pass up any shot offered and still succeed.

For me, a quartering away shot does it all and very well, and thats typically what I wait for... I won't risk them seeing me draw, or seeing the release and or arrow coming at them... Its just the case taht just like Rob, sooner or later its going to bite you. And I"d rather have favor on my side and pass for a better higher percentage shot.

Of course this comes from having shot more than a few with archery gear of all types, and from being on a lease where I've seen MANY more shot... I bet I"ve been around well over 500 bowkills of pigs, deer, javelina.... Frontal is one that just doesn't rank up there as an acceptable risk for me.

But I totally agree with MCH... from what you describe, I suspect that deer was none the worse for wear.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....