Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
..... tassels for the pistol grip.

I think that about covers it, unless someone else has a better idea.

Ed

Ed;
You see sir, that is why I've always been a 94 aficionado as opposed to Marlin's admittedly fine rifles.

No chance of putting tassels on a nonexistent grip now is there? laugh

To the OP, in all seriousness, the 94 that used to ride under my left leg when checking cows for a rancher buddy and that still sits in the scabbard when we tent in grizzly country has had the following modifications done by me.
-new fore end built with minimal barrel contact
-100year old Lyman tang sight installed and sighted in for 125yds. This one has a flip down "ghost ring" option too, proving not too much is new under the sun. wink
-large and easy to see copper bead front sight installed.
- folding rear sight installed on barrel sighted for 50yds.
-trigger job
-slicked up the action so it feeds much, much better.
-glass bedded the butt stock in for a perfect fit into the rear action socket.
-installed steel butt plate from a '20's vintage carbine, because it looks better to me.. blush
-the butt sock that Ed mentioned sits on there too, though it does like to slide off a bit too easily.
-several coats of Tru-Oil on all exterior and interior wood surfaces, though I really should have put down a base of epoxy first and just might do that some winter.

Anyway, it might not be "tactical" per se, but as the late Col. Cooper well knew, in the hands of a practiced individual, a decent lever gun in .30-30 would be a poor choice to stand in front of.

Hopefully that was some use to the OP.

All the best to you and yours Ed.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"