Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

My pal holds up the head of the largest bodied mule deer buck I've ever seen. We took him out in pieces, so I have to only guess what he weighed....350lbs on the hoof? Taken with one shot from the pine scattered ridge in the background from 340 meters with a .260 and 139gr scenar.

I have seen four in my life that sorta looked like this one;3 mule deer and one whitetail.

One was in Wyoming,and when he stood from the buck brush, his head was hidden and due to distance and light conditions, I thought he was a small elk at first....until his head came up,and I just gawked....it was obvious he was old and on the mend....rack on the downhill side.I did not shoot and killed a 30" 1/2 hour later from the same spot.

Another on the Peace River was dogging a doe, early November;not much rack, but I killed him because I knew I would likely never see another that size....he hog dressed 230# on scales in the butcher shop...I have no idea what that made him weigh alive.

The other two were also Alberta bucks;both,and especially the whitetail,are too painful to talk about... grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.