The 10mm ammo today seem to shoot the 180 gr. load about 1150-1180 fps. unless you are shooting the Federal HydraShok load. Then you are getting about 980 fps., not much over the 40 S&W.
With 200 gr. loads, you are looking at 1050 fps. with the Hornady XTP to about 1150 fps. with the Double Tap lead ammo.
I might add here that you can buy ammo that is loaded hotter, not only in the 10mm, but the 41 Mag as well.
With the 41 magnum, you can get 210 gr. ammo that clocks a bit more than the usual 240 gr. .44 Mag ammo. That's about 1280 fps. with the a 4 inch, up to over 1500 fps. with an 8 3/8'ths inch gun.
Shooting them, and I've owned both, is alot different. The muzzle blast and felt recoil are significantly different. The 41 has more of both, especially muzzle blast, thanks to the clynder gap on the revolvers it comes in. A look at loading data for both will explain this easily. The 41, even with heavier bullets, burns alot more powder.
That doesn't mean the 41 isn't a very useful round. If want real big game killing power and long range capability that those 1300-1500 fps velocities will make happen, and you don't want to get as beat up by recoil the way the .44 Magnum does, the 41 is your round.
To my mind, the 10mm is for people who want more power and especially range than the .45 ACP gives in a large semi auto pistol. That it does well.
The 10mm has a great rep for accuracy and is not nearly as fussy to load as the 40 S&W, especially with heavier bullets. My gun, a 1006 Smith, functions perfectly with semi wadcutter lead bullets, even when loaded well down into the 40's velocity level. E